BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Scans from "I Am SPOCK" Part I

Here is the first half of the scans from Nimoy's second autobiography I Am Spock. I have to say I enjoyed this one a lot more because he gets more in depth with the Spock character and we get to learn more about his directing career. These pictures and captions do not belong to me, they belong to their respective owners.





The budding actor at age 2½
FROM THE COLLECTION OF LEONARD NIMOY


My big break: With Mona Knox in Kid Monk Baroni, 1952
WADE WILLIAMS DISTRIBUTION

The Creator: Gene Roddenberry ©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

Make-up artist Fred Phillips at work, 6:30 A.M.: "Good morning, Leonard..."
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

7:15 A.M.: "...and hello, Mister Spock!"
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

"Full speed ahead!"
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

A gestating Vulcan in "The Cage": Spock smiles with delight while Captain Christopher Pike (Jefferey Hunter) and Doctor Boyce (John Hoyt) look on.
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

Checkmate: The first officer and his captain (William Shatner) in "Where No Man Has Gone Before"
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

Friends and fellow actors Sally Kellerman and Gary Lockwood suffering for their art in "Where No Man"
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

"Fascinating..." The Vulcan speaks in "The Corbomite Maneuver"
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

"Now, let me get this straight...who gets the money?"
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

Grace Lee Whitney
as Yeoman Janice Rand

©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

One logical guy (Me: I love this picture!!!!)
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

With Majel Barrett in "The Naked Time"
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

Pre-mind meld with the deranged Van Gelder (Morgan Woodward) in "Dagger of the Mind"
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

Bill, De, and me...and a rock ("Devil in the Dark")
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

The Vulcan in love: a spore-smitten Spock with Leila Kalomi (Jill Ireland) and Sulu (George Takei) in "This Side of Paradise"
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

Live long and prosper: with the regal T'Pau (Celia Lovsky) in "Amok Time"
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

"My friend got his ears caught in a...er...automatic ricepicker..." Kirk and Spock face a 1930s policeman in "City on the Edge of Forever"
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

If this is Saturday, this must be...um...
FROM THE COLLECTION OF LEONARD NIMOY

Leonard Nimsy-er, Nimoy-promoting his record album, 1968
FROM THE COLLECTION OF LEONARD NIMOY

The musician: "I don't know, but if you hum a few bars..."
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

"What does it mean-fanzine?" (me: he is so fucking hot.)
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

(Me: I...WANT...THIS.) COURTESY OF KAREN FLANERY

Fellow actor William Shatner reacts graciously to news of Spock's mushrooming popularity (Me: mushrooming? I might have to use that one.)
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

Bill and I have a little script discussion over who gets the last line.
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES


Bill and I contemplate some of the less subtle Freudian imagery used on the show (Me: lmao is he saying it looks like a vagina??!!)
©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

Guest star Marj Dusay (Kara) contemplates the effect of "Spock's Brain" on her career ©1995 PARAMOUNT PICTURES

Nimoy, Leonard. _I am Spock_. 1st edition. New York: Hyperion, 1995

0 comments: